Tuesday 28 June 2022

Monday 27th June 2022

Back to work.

Of course.

The thought of staying in the house, in the living room, anwering mails and calls appeals after a week away, even if it did avoid airports.

Logging off at three after eight hours and having a commute of zero hours is good.

I have worked from home, on and off for eight years now, and for my job, little point in going into an office, even if there was one local to me, which there isn't.

When I got up, Jools was dressed. She had booked a session in the pool at six, so as soon as I was up, she was off. So I drank the coffee she had made, then had a shower and got dressed before making a batch of dough. A double batch, so I would have something to eat for lunch.

One hundred and seventy eight In fact, it wasn't warm, so the back door remained closed, and the dough raised in the direct sunlight, and soon I had created a monster!

So I popped it into the oven for 35 minutes, and soon had a loaf too big for its tin, evena after cutting two generous slices for my lunch.

Work is the same, getting in the way of actual work. But in this way the day slips by.

John came round to pich up some bacca which I got him last week. The big news that broke is that Jen has decided against moving to Bury, after looking at several houses during her trip up north. She is to go to Australia for three months over the autumn/winter and see about moving in with one of her sons.

Dalia We'd miss her, needless to say, but we want her to be happy more. Which is what I told her.

Lunch is fresh warm bread with butter and apricot jam. So good I have to have a second slice to make sure.

John and I agree that its not warm outsie, so I skip going for a walk, and instead catch up on podcasts and radio shows.

Penstemon Dinner was fish cakes, stir fry and Moroccan spiced rice. OK, I know it should be cous cous, but the rice was good with chopped apricots and sultanas.

I avoided wine or beer for dinner, and so we ate well.

Not much elese to report, an evening spent listening to the wireless and editing shots.

No comments: