Tuesday 14 June 2022

Monday 13th June 2022

Back to work.

Back to reality.

And I had a dreadful night's sleep, hot and coughing. Probably coughing because I was hot.

So, woolly headed, red-eyed and needing sleep, I would have to pretend to be my usual alert self all day. Which, as it happened wasn't helped by a meeting with my soon-to-be-ex boss at quarter past seven.

That I didn't know as I don't check my mails until seven, and then there are a week of Windows updates to download and install. And then change my password.

I am six minutes late for the meeting, and I have to remember first what it is the company does, what I do, and think of something clever to say in the meeting.

I wing it and do well. I think.

I then check my e mails and I find that my company credit card has been blocked because I ignored warnings or something sill about allocating expenses.

I did allocate expenses, though not necessarily the right expenses with the right report.

Or something.

I am supposed to be travelling next week, and now have no credit card to pay for the trip. So, I correct the expense reports, and send a mail asking my card to be unblocked. Which is ignored.

One hundred and sixty four Apparently.

I have to make a loaf so I have something to eat for lunch, make breakfast a pot of coffee.

Phew. Its all go.

Outside the sun shines and there's not really any wind. I want to go out, but have to stay inside and work.

Though once the loaf had risen and I bake it, I take a couple of buttered slices out and eat on the patio in the midday sun.

Lovely.

I run out of puff at around half one. I try to concentrate, but don't.

I am done at three, should go out for a walk, but lay on the sofa instead, covering my eyes to prevent a migraine.

I make a quick dinner of fish cakes, stir fry and crispy noodles. Yummy. And easy.

But with no Marc on the woreless this week, it was an easy decision to head to bed at eight, read for a bit and try to sleep, and not cough too much.

No comments: