Thursday 16 June 2022

Wednesday 15th June 2022

A former wife's birthday.

Also.

Ex-best friend's birthday.

Maybe its something to do with the date?

Anyway.

Not much to look forward to today, just another eight hours in a Teams meeting, kicking off at seven, UK time, because I deserve it, or something.

On a positive note, my cough is easing, through not a good night, but then not the worse. And through the day, much less coughing.

Which is nice.

Jools woke me at six, giving me an hour to have two coffees, breakfast before I had to join the meeting. Shouldn't have worried as it took 20 minutes to sort the IT out including the feedback making conversation sound like some heavy dub.

Made I laugh.

I won't lie, the day dragged.

Badly.

When we break for lunch, I have fried shepherd's pie leftovers laced with curry ketchup. It kind of works. I eat it sitting on the pation drining squash. Watching the birds.

We finish at five past three, and I go straight out for a walk. I walk to the end of the street, across the field to Fleet House, then down past the farm and along at the bottom of the paddocks.

Ochlodes sylvanus I see nothing in addition to what I saw on Tuesday, though I did get distance shots of a Large Skipper.

It was beyond warm, and it was a relief to make it back to Collingwood, and it wad downhill from there back home.

One hundred and sixty six From the bathroom window I take a shot of the lawnmeadow which looked amazing with its frothy head of ox-eyed daisies.

We done good.

Dinner was another caprese, with two slices of the loaf from Monday turned into garlic bread.

And wine.

It was a fine and sunny evening, warm enough to sit outside. I even set the moth trap up behind the shed, so I go to bed dreaming of hawkmoths.....

No comments: