Friday 17 June 2022

Thursday 16th June 2022

At least no seminar to attend this day.

But there was the ongong pain of travel expenses.

Swings and roundabouts.

And I had a good night's sleep. Little coughing, much snoring, and no cats to disturb me.

Much.

Jools is already well on the way to being ready to go to work, I can barely lift my cup of coffee to my lips.

Here we go.

Work is, well, work. There are meetings, calls, more meetings and all combined to ensure the task I had set aside the day to do was left undone.

It is another very warm and still day. The hot walk of the previous afternoon fresh in my mind meant that there was no way was I going out for a walk after one in the afternoon, and due to work a walk before wasn't possible, so I won't go out. The best I can do is to sit on the patio and read with Scully purring beside me when I eat lunch.

One hundred and sixty seven So it goes, so it goes.

The real highlight was first theng, when I went out to check the moth trap, and found two hawkmoth species safely resting: An Elephant Hawkmoth and poplar Hawkmoth, both glorious is their shape and colour.

Deilephila elpenor I sanp both before putting the parts of the trap in the shade so the moths could rest and escape when the sun faded a bit.

These are the species I wanted to see, but whether it was worth the outlay of the trap is another matter, though that could last for years, of course.

There is little else to say about the working day, other than after lunch I got very tired, so could feel a migraine building, so went to bed. Three hours later I woke at just before four and the day had slipped by and just enough time to have have a coffee before peparing dinner of yet more caprese, garlic bread and more wine.

Yay, a win.

No Marc on the wireless, so after dinner we tidy up and I end up going to bed at eight, to read.

Although because of the snoozing in the afternoon I didn' get tired until well after ten.

No comments: