Thursday 9 November 2023

Wednesday 8th November 2023

I woke late, but with a cough that got quickly worse.

No idea where I picked that up, but would get worse through the day.

Jools went swimming early on instead of Friday, as were going to have a late night later that day, so soon I was alone in the house, just with sleeping cats.

I felt OK to work, so logged on and was greeted by a morning of meetings.

Joy.

As the morning progressed, meeting merged with meetings and I did not move as much as I should, and I got quite cold.

Cold enough to take to bed for 90 minutes in the afternoon, where I was joined by Cleo, who snuggled up against my legs.

Up again for three for the last meeting of the day, one where I had to play the hard auditor due to lack of action by one of the guys in the meeting.

To try to warm up I went for a shower and had a shave, so I would look lovely for the gig later, though I would have bailed but we were due to meet up with my friend, Pete, and I had the tickets.

Outside, rain fell hard again, its rained almost every day this month, and rained hard all day. Should have been showers, but the rain fell in sheets.

Once Jools arrived back at six, and got changed, we went back out in the car, driving through the rain to Deal, parking at the back of the Turkish restaurant, where, once Pete arrived, we ordered a mountain of food as we were hungry, a mountain too big to eat. But was good.

Just gone eight, we drove back into Walmer, parking near the Lighthouse, where we had tickets to see Jah Wobble and the Invaders of the Heart. Jah, aka John Wardle, was the bassist in PIL with John Lydon, and his band played bass heavy versions of PIL tunes, and his own music from the last 40 years of solo work.

Three hundred and twelve Sadly, I was overheating, and would have passed out had I not made my way outside, where at least the rain had stopped, and being near to the back of the stage, I could hear the gig and be out in the cool night air.

I got talking to an older couple about music, and I tried to explain Jah Wobble to the Hawkwind fan. I think he almost got it.

Just before ten, I was done, so we walked to the car and drove home, where the rain had returned, and made driving most unpleasant.

A check of the football scores showed Man Utd had thrown away a 2-0 lead in Denmark.

Still, gotta laugh.

No comments: