Friday 1 October 2010

Friday 1st October 2010

So, here I am at work, sitting at my same desk, doing the same old job. And dealing with the same issues; I can only work when folks mail me answers, and with it being early closing in Denmark , there is not much chance of more work happening today. The difference is that I am now on the payroll, and I have to complete certain number of hours per week, and so I feel at least obliged to stay here until maybe three this afternoon.

It is a time of change, not just me staring full time for Vestas, but people are leaving, and my boss is no longer the site manager, he has been replaced with the guy who is going to run the site for the next few years. One of the secretaries was let go yesterday and many of the technicians have already left. A few weeks ago, our view of the harbour and sea was blocked by double and triple stacked portacabins for all the sub-contractors; everywhere was a hive of activity. But all those have gone, and we have a pretty clear view of the ferries going back and forth out of the dock, and of the fishing boats further out.

At least it is Friday, and the weekend looms ever large. I did the shopping on the way home yesterday, and so we don’t have that chore over the weekend. Tomorrow we are heading back to Chatham for a Flickrmeet, which I have organised, and so hope to see many people from all over Kent attending and snapping away. We shall see. Apart from that, not much else planned, maybe watch some kittens, do some cooking, baking and watching sport.

Scully

Next week things will change, as my Boss will have a stack of tasks for me to be getting on with, as well as this project stuff; that should keep me busy over the winter until the new project begins. Anyway, for now, we shall just bask in the warm glow of a job well done, so far, and the future looks clear and bright.

Mulder

Stay lucky.

No comments: