Friday 8 October 2010

Saturday 9th October 2010

And so it seems, I am the only regular writing amongst my friends here on Blogspot. Which is shame as many of them are far better writers than I am, but then they have stuff going on in their lives to take up their time.

What can I tell you about my week? well, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep and I think you can guess what happened on Friday. The difference is now that I am a permanent employee, with a white collar and a corporate credit card and fringe benefits; it does feel different. I have got more money back, €25,000 or so, which justifies what I have been doing. And now I have a bigger task of overhauling the whole system and making it easier to understand for those that follow.

Mulder and Scully

I like a challenge.

And then there is the trips. Trips to sunny Denmark at the end of this month and at the end of November; meeting and greeting, with the real purpose of explaining where our suppliers went wrong. I get to write and present our findings, which is a big job, but one I am up for.

It has been a football-less week, with international games this weekend and on Tuesday, and so it gave me a chance to catch up with some reading and listening to the radio.

And so the week passed. Very quickly. Seems like it was only Sunday yesterday, and now it's the weekend again.

Driving to work this week, the dawns have been wonderful, with blood red sun discs or layers of mist following streams and ditches. But this beauty is tempered by the idiots I share the road with; no lights, no indicators and no thinking; all of which are so dangerous. So, it is always with some relief that I get to work each morning. The journey home is not so bad as the roads are more crowded, and maybe people not so pumped up with coffee, or worse half asleep.

Mulder

Wednesday evening, we had my boss round for dinner. Our way of saying thank you. In truth it works for all of us, me, Jools, him and the company. We cooked roast chicken, and we opened a good bottle of wine, and we chatted. It was a very pleasant evening indeed. and then he had to get a taxi back to his hotel in Ramsgate; £40! I don't think he'll be doing that much!

Apart from that, there are the kittens, which are still a delight. each day they explore a bit more, and annoy our other cats. But it is the way of things, and we hope in not too soon the four of them may live in peace and harmony. Probably not, but there is less hissing now; although the kittens just want to play with the big cats.

Scully

So, the weekend is here; today dawned great and foggy, so no pictures of sunrises for us. All that is planned is a haircut for me and then tidy up the garden and see how the rest of the day pans out. We will find a wood to walk in tomorrow, as the weather should almost be as good as today.

So, enjoy it out there, peeps.

No comments: