Wednesday 13 October 2010

Wednesday 13th October 2010

Eight and a half months ago, I arrived on this project as a jobbing survey engineer. I was to meet the surveyor here, and he was not in sight. Far from having an office, we were just subbies. That eight days of waiting and working passed quickly; I gave little thought to the windfarm project after that, just the view of it from Deal road as we drove home when the light was good enough.

And then, I get this job, got given a computer, a phone and a bunch of cases to work on. And then the work begun. And over the months, each day I learned something new, and slowly bit by bit I got a handle on exactly what I was supposed to be doing, and how to dot hat and move formward.

And now the wind farm is built, it is producing lots of wiggly amps, and earning us a lot of money, and I have done well in my job; recovered some money. I wish it were more, but I have done my best with the information given in most cases, and not taken ‘no’ for an answer. Today, we moved into the building built by our client. I have an office to myself, next to the warehouse, but it is quiet, I can stream radio, the radio I want to listen to! And it has been good.

I can get lots more done without distractions of the drama going on above my head now. It feels good to belong, and good that my views and opinions are being listened to. Not bad, not bad.

Last night I wasted two hours of my life watching England play Montenegro ; drawing 0-0; did we not suffer enough during the summer? Apparently not. The same aimless play, misplaced passes and no real tactics. Sigh. I did have the kittens jumping on my legs and feet, life is never dull around them. The hissing from the other cats has continued, but we live in hope that we will all be one happy furry family soon enough. The kittens are growing up fast, playing, fighting with each other, and the whole world to explore. Wait until they go outside!

So, for now, nanu nanu.

No comments: