Tuesday 5 October 2010

Tuesday 4th October 2010

Yay, weekends. like better than being at work!

and so Friday was my first day as an official Vestas Offshore UK worker, and so to celebrate I wore my (only) suit for effect, and it caused some comments that's for sure.

Anyway, mid-afternoon came and it was time to leave for the weekend. I did feel the need to maybe put in an hour longer than I would have normally, but by three o'clock I was on the road home, listening to live weather reports from wales as play for the day seems to be cancelled in the Ryder Cup.

It poured here in Kent too, and when i got home, I found a ton of logs we ordered had been delivered, and dumped in the drive; so I puts on me old clobber and out in the rain move said logs under the car port. The kittens watch me from the living room window, probably thinking I was mad.

Back home, and life is full of kittens and the such. Yay!

And so, the weekend. Saturday, I had organised a Flickermeet at Chatham Royal Naval dockyard; I only hoped some people other than ourselves would turn up. In fact we knewone would turn up as we were taking Ken to the meet ourselves.

Chatham Dockyard Flickrmeet 2nd October 2010

About eight of us turned up, and it was good to see them there. At ten we go in and head to Covered Slip #3, aka The Big Space, a huge wooden building, as big as a cathedral, built to cover the construction of wooden ships below. Just an amazing space.
The weather started out fine and sunny, but clouded over. Some of us went for the tour of a submarine, and then wandered around the rest of the dockyard. We all met up at the ropery, and once again we watched the wonders that is the art of making rope.

Deeds no Words. With Rob

When we came out, it was nearly four, and the rain had begun to fall. And so we headed back to the car, and into the whacky races that is Saturday afternoon on the streets of the Medway towns. Quite what the hurry was is a mystery, and one tried to run us off the road after I touched my brakes as he was tailgating us.

Tosser.

So, after all that excitement, it was good to head back to Dover and home.

Sunday, and the rain did fall. and so we sat inside with the cats and watched the rain fall down the windows. and then turned our attention to the football on TV.

Ken

and back to work on Monday, with me being my boss, kinda, and doing the same job I have done for the past six months. I took the two ladies from the agency out for lunch as well. Just to say thanks for getting me the placement now that has turned into a 'real' job. So we sat in Pizza Express, looking at the marina below and eating hot and spicy pizza. In truth, I had salad.

No really.

Hot mushroom, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella with avacado and leaves. Nice. What would have been better would have been sipping a glass of red rather than diet Coke.

And so the week goes by and the weekend gets closer. And we're having my boss for dinner tomorrow; Oh Crikey!

No comments: