Friday 14 June 2013

Friday 14th June 2013

And so Friday afternoon rolls round again and the weekend is just coming over the hill and will soon be here, but not yet. But, I hear the shiver of anticipation that comes with knowing Kermode and Mayo will be with us in twenty or so mnutes. This is my second and last week at home before our week off at the beginning of July, as next week I head to deepest darkest Surrey for a course and the week after that it’s back to Denmark, just so I remember what it looks like……

And then a week off with lots of fun things planned. But more of that nearer the time, but let me tease you by saying there will be a streak or two involved…….

One thing I did forget to say is that our neighbour’s parents knocked part of our front wall down. I would like to say that I don’t think this was deliberate, but as we spoke to them several times over the weekend and they failed to mention ‘wallgate’. Not that we would have expected them to repair the damage, but an admission would have been nice. So, we are planning getting a new one built which will remove the ugly (but painted a lovely terracotta colour) breeze blocks from our field of view.

Aftermath of the 'wall incident'

This will involve the digging up of many of the plants in the front garden, to make way for the trench digging which is required. But the digging is for next weekend after death-by-powerpoint (or its 21st century bastard-child).

The other exciting news is the German bomber raised from the seabed on the Goodwin Sands and brought back to shore in Ramsgate. I would like to say I have shots of the bomber, and I could have snapped it yesterday, but due to the screaming of the technicians in the office I stormed out to work from home before I took a shot. So you will have to make do with the GPS Apollo heading out to begin the raise.

Poppy

Spring/summer whatever you call this part of June has turned into autumn, and the winds have blown and we have had to put the heating on several times during the evening. We have a slight lull tonight which might mean heading to Elham for some orchid hunting, but it will blow again tomorrow which will put a stop to that.

Other than that, life seems to have flowed us by; plants grow, birds sing, cats bring in rabbits/birds/mice/unidentified offal and each evening we watch Springwatch and are delighted with most of what we watched, but I am convinced Michaela Strachan gets the gig because she can smile and sometimes read the autocue.

Highlights: Water Rail
Long tailed tits
Osprey
Otters
Jackdaws

So, here’s to the weekend and wave bye-bye to the working week.

*waves*

No comments: