Saturday 15 June 2013

Saturday 15th June 2013

As I write this, my Mother lies in intensive care on a breathing machine. Her condition was described to me as poorly, although an improvement on her condition last night when admitted.

How she came to this is a long story, those of you who know me or my life will know some of it, some know most of it. I won't go into details here, and it might be a moot point as she might well recover in the next few days. As it stands, her lungs cannot get enough oxygen into her bloodstream, so pure oxygen is being supplied. Whether this is a temporary situation or something more permanent is something only time will tell.

We got the call last night from a family friend who seemed to suggest Mum was at death's door and so called the doctor who called an ambulance. I did not believe that things could be so bad, but Pat has a medical background so should know what she is talking about.

To compound matters, I am to go on an expensive training course tomorrow afternoon, and so there is no time for me to go up to visit, and from what I heard she is sleeping most of the time anyway. If she takes a turn for the worst now then I will have to think about leaving the course. It might sound bad that I have not gone rushing up already, maybe I should, I don't know. But, I have not, and that is something I may well have to live with.

She is my last living blood relative, and so with her my link to my family goes and all I have is what I have here. With Jools and the life we have built, more than makes up for what I may lack in family.

We shall see.

No comments: