Wednesday 4 December 2013

Wednesday 4th December 2013

In all honesty, on Sunday after clearing out the fire grate, and I went to collect the vacuum cleaner and cleared the dust up, just using the hose attachment, I thought nothing of it. When my nose began to itch and it began obvious I was coming down with something, I just thought it was me catching the flu or cold that Jools had been suffering with. I forgot that I had even used the vacuum. Jools asked if I needed my allergy pills, I said no and it could wait until we went to bed.

By then I was sneezing so much and congested, it was too late. I guess I had less than 3 hours sleep Monday night, but I went into work as I had a few tasks to complete that day for a deadline. I got worse, sneezed more and could hardly breathe. I gave up at half eleven and went home and went straight to bed.

All the time I was taking medication, including the allergy ones. It wasn’t until my nose became completely blocked that I knew it was an allergy attack after all. All I could do was ride it out.

I think in fact it was both, allergy and cold. I say this as today, Wednesday, I am not completely clear, but I can breathe and got some sleep last night, which is more than I did on Monday night. I woke up feeling like I had been run over and had no strength to get out of bed. My initial thought was to work from home, but I didn’t fire up the laptop, and instead stayed in bed shivering until the light began to fade outside well into the afternoon.

At some point, my nose partially cleared, so I was able to doze in-between the visits from Mulder who wanted to inquire if I felt like feeding him. Maybe. He meant well. In the evening, I did make it downstairs and felt something close to human. Jools went out for fish and chips for dinner. Always a good idea. And that I felt hungry I take as being a good sign.

And so here we are on Wednesday evening, listening to the football on the radio. City are up in Liverpool playing at Anfield, and Suarez has scored a screamer against us.

Again. With only 20 minutes gone, this could be another very long evening for us. Park the bus, boys.

No comments: