Monday 15 September 2014

Monday 15th September 2014

Sunday.

It seemed I needed a rest. Or a holiday from my holiday if you will. I mean it would be tempting to go out taking more pictures, but in truth, it seemed better to sit around and do little as possible. Some might say, of course, no change there. But I couldn't possibly comment on that.

I start the morning watching MOTD and then the Football League Show to see how we came from 2 down yesterday. Oh yes, this is the life.

I even went out into the garden and finished picking up the granite stones from the font garden. It looks 100% better already. Well, between us we have tamed the garden, and front and back it is looking so much better. The standard tree is going to come down, so to open up the view from the house, and for the neighbours too.

It seemed like a good idea to have cheese and wine for lunch. I mean it was a warm sunny day, what could go wrong? Well, we all get snoozy and don't want to do anything of course. Jools goes to visit Nan, who is currently 99 years and 51 weeks old, while I stay at home and cook, or prepare dinner. Put the lamb joint in, peel the veg and generally make myself busy.

We eat at six, our first roast for over a month, and it was like manna from heaven, washed down with vintage cava, if there is such a thing. It is all very nice.

We settle down to watch some TV, a documentary on the history of Byzantium/Constantinople/Istanbul, and it was colourful, interesting, and our eyes began to droop. And so another day in this golden autumn faded, and we fell into the arms of the sandman.

No comments: