Friday 11 December 2015

Monday 7th December 2015

Sunday

Here we are once again, the day before travel and the darkness overcomes me. Well, kinda. I realise that the time spent at home is coming to an end, if only for a while. It means getting my act together, getting stuff done, packing and being ready for leaving in the morning. But first, coffee and football. With the craziness of the season continuing, Cheslea losing, and Man Utd not being able to score and all the rest of it, it is an interesting year, even if come May, the same faces will be at the top of the table.

With the whole day spread out in front of me and nothing planned, it seemed like I would be bored, but yet I filled the day with stuff, even if the rain did fall outside, getting heavier as the day went on. Jools went to visit Nan and then the old folks in Whitfield, and I stayed home, packing and getting my documentation ready, so by six tomorrow I could just pick up my stuff and go. Major panic was that I had Christmas presents to wrap, cards to write, and we ran out of cards. I think I could buy a pack on the way to the airport the next day. I mean everyone sells boxes of Christmas cards, right?

We manage to squeeze three more episodes of The Bridge in, one in the afternoon and two in the evening, and by then it is half nine, and we should be thinking about going to bed. But the mad weather continues, with overnight temperatures not dipping below 12, meaning that with the autumn duvet on, we were so hot, that neither of us slept that well. It was a lazy day, but then I would be away for 5 days, so I need the rest I could get.

No comments: