Tuesday 1 December 2015

Tuesday 1st December 2015

Monday

Although dog tired on Sunday, I slept poorly, and so felt like death come Monday. Not allergy, just a poor night's sleep, and the thought was just to get through the day. Outside the wind and rain was falling/blowing, making me glad I did not have to go to work in it, but Jools does of course. She left ten minutes early, just in case.

My phone had already chimed, letting me know someone had arranged a meeting at eight over the weekend, so armed with a second coffee I sit down to see what was up.

What with the travelling and generally not being at home, we had done no shopping over the weekend. We were out of bread, which meant that when I got a chance, I mixed up a batch of dough for some rolls so I could have some lunch. As before I added chili flavoured seeds and topped them with grated cheese, and once again they were a triumph. Oh, clever me. And so for lunch I had the rolls straight out of the oven, with just a little cooling, with just some butter melting on them; they were splendid.

The day would only go downhill from that point, what with another meeting which dragged on for an hour. And by the end of that, I was bushed. I had to stop working on the computer as I was getting headaches, and with the wind rising again, it began to get dark, whilst two doors down, men were trying to erect scaffolding in the high winds.

Jools had a nightmare coming home, the traffic which the BBC said did not exist was horrendous, and it took her an hour to get home. And like me she was shattered. I cooked dirty food; kofte kebabs and fried potatoes, which was wonderfully crispy and delicious. Not much happened in the evening, just listened to some radio before heading to bed at quarter to nine with the wind still howling outside.

No comments: