Tuesday 22 March 2016

Tuesday 22nd March 2016

Monday

Good morning!

Or good afternoon. Or good evening.

And so it came round for the start of the working week. Only, we have car problems. The engine isn't firing right, so needs a computer lead attached at the garage to find out what is wrong. This means that I have to take Jools to work, or drop her off in town so her colleague can pick her up. Or would have done if they had agreed where Jools would be. In the end, Jools catches a bus and taxi and is only 10 minutes late.

I go back home for breakfast and more tea.

Then I have to go back out to the short drive to the garage into the school run traffic. Only it is Easter holidays and there is little traffic about so I arrive dead on time, and they are expecting me, they take my keys and take the car away for tests. I have a coffee and take out the copy of WSC to read while I wait. Time drags, I marvel at the number of employees the garage has, in sales, back office. None of them seem to be busy, but they must do something I spose.

In the end they upload new firmware, then carry out the 1st year service and in a little over two hours, I am handed the keys back. And the bill of course.

I drive back home, make a brew then switch the computer on, take a deep breath and open Outlook and the carnage that it my mail inbox. It seems that many are taking an extra few days off, as many of my colleagues have out of office messages set, which is just as well as I have mails to catch up om, so by four I am up to date once again, with a plan for work on the morrow.

I really should do some phys, but I am still coughing like a dog on occasion, so give it a miss for another day.

I go into town to collect Jools from the bus stop before coming home and then cooking dinner: chicken and chorizo sausages with mash n beans. A mighty fine dinner, and enough for us.

With dinner over, clearing up and making a follow up brew, it is half seven, getting on for eight. Where does the time go? Anyway, a four day week, and one of those days go? So, to bed, to dream.

No comments: