Wednesday 23 March 2016

Wednesday 23rd March 2016

It never ceases to maze me what a cruel and forgiving world we find ourselves living in, there seems no depth to which one group will stoop too deep in which to they will go to further their misguided ideals. When in truth most of the time they just want to be heartless bastards, getting other to blow themselves up on the promise of some delight in the afterlife. Yesterday, there were a series of coordinated explosions across Brussels. I avoid the news all day, as political opportunists uses this cruelty to promote their own poorly thought out ideals, blaming the result of not leaving the EU or rounding up Muslims will result in more of these. Not sure who was worse, Trump or our own dunderheads to be honest. And one of the top hashtags on Twitter was 'pray for Brussels', now call me a cycic, but I think they had enough faux religion there yesterday when all is said and done.

Tuesday

Tuesday morning I study the BBC weather forecast for Dover, so to know when to plan trips, walks, pub lunches, etc. So I am sure that on Monday when I looked there was nothing but light grey cloud forecast for the whole week. So, it case as a major surprise to find that once the increasingly early dawn brought with it a fine sunrise, which then rose into an almost cloudless sky. Once risen, the sun did cause some mist to form, but that soon burned off, leaving a fine, sunny and almost warm day.

Walk to Otty Bottom Road It is Easter in Denmark too this week, and all over the RC and Anglican faiths, so no surprise there. But it does mean many folks are taking an extended holibob, meaning the volume of mails and answers to my grenades thrown over various walls go mostly unanswered. But I plough on towards lunchtime. I have the last of the bread, two crusts with layers of two week out of date cheese on them, toasted so the cheese bubbles and turns crispy brown. Lovely with a huge cuppa and two of the ginger nuts that I should really be sharing with Jools. But hey, ginger!

Walk to Otty Bottom Road I go out to check on the back garden and the shooting up bulbs, the Fritillaria imperialis seem to get bigger and bigger, growing at least 1cm a day. I go out several times to look for frogs in the ponds or to see if more Fritillaria imperialis had shown through the earth. In this I accompanied by at least one cat, sometimes two or all three, just them shadowing me to see if I had any food. You know, just in case.

Fritillaria imperialis In the afternoon, with my eyes itching and other early signs of allergic attack, I decide to go out for a walk. Needless to say, just after leaving the back door, it started to cloud over, but I worked out that the direction the light wind was coming from would bring more blue skies in time. By now the mud of a few weeks back har dried out and in places nearly turned to concrete. I had put on my new walking boots, but could have easily worn slippers for how dirty I got.

Walk to Otty Bottom Road Still no pigs in the copse, but seeing as I brought the remaining carrots from Sunday dinner, the horses in the field at the top of the dip soon realised I had something for them, and came trotting over.

At the bottom of the dip, the mud was the consistency of treacle, and will soon be rock hard too. There is the chance of rain over night during the week, but that won't make much difference. Up the other side, up the long hard climb to the cycle path at the top, then along to the top of Otty Bottom Road before turning round once again.

I re-trace my steps back home where I could sense there was a large cuppa waiting for me. Later in the afternoon, I even go on the cross-trainer again, and do an extra few minutes as I wanted to listen to one last song.

We have bacon butties for dinner, followed by the last two short cakes from the weekend. A dinner of champions, containing items from all major food groups. We round off the day, watching a show on the origins of the universe, whilst a large badge feats on fat balls and peanuts outside. Molly isn't impressed, but doesn't follow up on on her unease. Just growls.

No comments: