Saturday 6 May 2017

Friday 5th May 2017

In a week's time I will be on holiday, counting the hours until a certain ex-olympian comes to stay and then we travel to the western isles for holiday. I have just five days left at work, four once Friday is over with. Quite where the year has gone is a good question, but more important, where has the last 20 months gone since I started on this project? I mean, last time I looked it was 2015!

Anyway, Friday to get through, and then the weekend and then just four more days at work. Simples.

Only, there is a huge amount of work to do, and meetings. ALways meetings. And meetings require minutes that take hours. You know that's true. I have a list of things to do, and tick them off one by one, until the more important issues of the day take over. I have mails open, answers half written, preparing for upcoming meetings, writing minutes of meetings that have already happened.

Outside the weather is, not too sure on that, as the phone rings non stop, I have stuff to update, and even when one of the cats brings in a mouse, I have to ignore it. One thing I can't ignore is when tey come to collect the hire car, I mute my mic and hope no one notices. They don't, I am gone for 5 minutes and they are still talking over the same thing as when I left.

Corned beef sandwiches for lunch, along with a packet of crisps I was given at the tunnel the day before. And a huge brew. Huge brew. Time to check on the local election results, which are so bad for the good guys, you won't believe, but hey, nothing should surprise is now, right? And then the shit hit the fan.

I get a call, find this stuff. KNowing we have the stuff, but knowing where the stuff is, is another thing. To find the stuff requires an hour of searching through e mails, saving documents, making spreadsheets to see what was missing. By half two and my stress having gone through the roof, I have the information, only to find my boss had already done it but had not told me. I tidy things up to make it look better and we are all good.

One last phone call to clear the air, we are both shattered, so wish each other a good weekend and tell each other to have a beer.

No time for beer, as we are eating out. But at half four Jools comes back from work, via Tesco with shopping. I make coffee and crack open the vanilla Prince biscuits. Mmm, that is a fine way to start the weekend.

It is half six, and I had not taken a photo for the day. I know, take the camera to Nameste and snap the preparation of dinner.

I leave my camera and phone at home.

We drive over to the Swingate and find a place to park. When I booked the table they seemed to suggest there was limited space, but once inside it was less than half full. We have a table in the corner near the kitchen, so Jools can watch the magic being done.

I have tandoori mushrooms followed by some spicy lamb curry thing with aromatic rice. Very nice, even if all the spices made the curry look like magma. It was going to hurt, sooner or later. It is good to eat out once in a while, something we have gotten out of the habit of in recent years. But having someone else cook and wash up is nice.

One hundred and twenty three And the journey home is less than 5 minutes, meaning we almost made it back for the start of MOnty, but not quite. There is always the i player.

But it is the weekend, we have shopping, and next week is just a four day one. Excited? you will be.

No comments: