Wednesday 3 May 2017

Tuesday 2nd May 2017

And back to work, after what turned out to be be nearly 4 days off. And it was hard getting up and preparing for the day, knowing the avalanche of mails facing me once I had switched on the work computer. But before then, we could drink coffee, feed cats and have breakfast and kid ourselves that it was just the same as the previous four mornings.

But there is no putting it off, eight of the clock comes around, and work must start.

85 e mails, and most of them demanding immediate attention, so much so it takes until after lunch to clear them and think about the work of the day. Outside it was another dull and cloudy day, and cool too. How does it happen that May is colder than April? Who arranged that?

Corned beef sandwiches with salad cream instead of butter, and seasoned with Belgian dried fried onions. Who says I don't know how to rock?

Molly sleeps through it all, as do the other cats, but she sleeps curled up on the towel we bought for Tony. I swear we put it on the ground for a few seconds, and it is now hers. She purrs then gently snores as the day passes. Outside, the day does not improve; I go outside to snap some stuff for picture of the day and end up with gooseberries growing in the spring weather. At least there's enough warmth for that to happen and been cold enough to reduce the number of slugs and snails in the garden. We might have crumble yet!

One hundred and twenty And that takes us int to the afternoon with yet more meetings and disasters to avert. I have no idea what's going on, but people seem to think I do, so thats good, right?

At four, I give up and so Molly and I go tot he sofa to watch Time Team. I find myself stuck to the sofa so watch a second episode just in case.

There are blogs to write, football matches to listen to and the usual things that make time vanish. Thai fishcake rolls followed by more fresh strawberries to follow.

Finally, there is much rain forecast for the morrow, it will do le jardin tres bon. Apparently.

1 comment:

nztony said...

What!!!! Tell Molly to get off my towel!! Now!