Friday 12 May 2017

Thursday 11th May 2017

First of all, an apology: It seems yesterday I was tired. I worked all day, checked documents, attended meetings and even did travel expenses, which meant by the time eaveing came round I was too tired to write, but did anyway. And the result was a very shot and to the point post.

Today's post is about yesterday, but written today, and I feel full of the joys of spring as it has been the first day of me holiday. But first, yesterday.

And it was finally, the last day before my holiday. Not sure whether it is an accumulation of tiredness that has built up over the months of the execution phase of the project, but I do know I needed a break. I had a stack of work to do, but as usual on a Thursday there were meetings. In fact there were five meetings I should have attended, but as four overlapped, I had to make do with three and a half. And that was the morning gone.

Department meeting; project meeting, process introductions. And so on. When are we expected to do actual work? OH yeah, in the evenings. So, after the final meeting of the morning, I fry up the last of the aubergine slices, and have that on a plate with the last of the pasta salad. Yes, four small aubergines, a tub of natural yoghurt and another tub of cottage cheese along with breadcrumbs had made more than enough food for three meals. And good tasty meals too.

Mails were arriving all day with documents to review and send on, and these would continue all afternoon.

As is usual, at three people start to go home in Denmark, but I carry on, reviewing documents, until come half five, I call my minion in Oostende, and he talls me his brain is scrambled, and can't do any more. I am glad, as so is mine.

I set my out of office message: see ya, be back on 29th May. L8ers.

Or something like that, and power down the laptop.

one hundred and twenty nine Now, dinner. I had been looking in my recipe books for focaccia bread, and found a cheeky one from Delia that was stuffed with cheese and sage leaves. I chose this, as we were having the ragu pie, defrosted and then cooked, so some nice focaccia bread should be super. So during the day I took breaks to mix the dough, beat it down, then make up the loaf and leave to prove, and finally cook at 5.

And with a bottle of red, it was perfect.

I lay on the sofa to listen to Man Utd in Europe, but I can't be sure I heard it all. At some point I sribbled some lines for the blog, then went to bed before the game finished. Because tomorrow is holiday day #1.

No comments: