Tuesday 9 May 2017

Monday 8th May 2017

And here we go, into another working week, but another four day week, as from Friday I am on me holibobs. Gosh that sounds so good. I know I don't have the worse job in the world, but I need to disconnect from it for a couple of weeks, recharge my batteries and just do something else, you know. And as if by magic, the holiday is going to coincide with the end of the project, or end of the major activities at least, with most of the quality tasks finishing some time when we will be on the Isle of Skye. Now that will be a good excuse for a wee dram or seven!

And as I had been checking up on mails regularly over the weekend, there were no nasty surprises waiting for me when I did start work, just a whole load of read mails. Yay.

Sadly, the weather was dull and cool, but that made working inside easy, as I feel less inclined to play hooky and go for a wander with the camera. Not that ever happens, oh no boss, never. Honest.

And why is it at weekends we are awake at silly o'clock, and yet on Mondays we want to lay in bed? Who knows.....

So, we get up, make coffee and switch on the computers find the world is still going round the bed. Urgh.

I have a huge new document to create, but several months in which to do it. I should make a start on it. I should have done that already, but the current project keeps demanding more and more of my time. Lets see how the day pans out.

I put the radio on, and that burbles away in the background, getting more than its share of my limited attention. Best have some coffee.

Facebook is reminding me on a daily basis that a year ago we were in Japan. On this very day we traveled from Tokyo to Kyoto on a bullet train. As you do when in Japan. I can't really believe its been a year, but there you go, it was.

Anyway, back to work and ignore them cats.

Chouffe Soleil Not much really to say about the day: work, mails, meetings and phone calls. Lunch. More of the same. At half three I was done, so Molly and I take to the sofa to watch the football from Sunday, and me to drink beer and try the Indian Curry flavour crisps I bought in France last week. They were very nice, it was hard to put half the packet away for another day once I had supped the beer.

One hundred and twenty six Chorizo hash for dinner; you know the drill. And a bottle of pink fizz too, because its Monday and 25% of the week done. At least for me, as I'm alright, Jack.

Writing, editing and listening to the football in the evening. Not warm enough to sit outside yet, even with the clear skies and the almost full moon rising in the south east.

No comments: