Tuesday 16 May 2023

Monday 15th May 2023

Granddad's 107th birthday. Or something.

Or would have been.

I often think of how much he would have loved the life we have here, and my interest in in orchids, bottany and butterflies with the occasional bird or two.

He tried to show me stuff, including a kingfisher once, but my eyes too slow to see the blue and orange flash.

As it is, life is quiet for the time being, with me a break between going to Ireland and a week off for orchids. And with the weather being cool and cloudy, with the wind set from the north, I really couldn't be tempted to go out for a walk in the afternoon.

But I have work to keep me occupied, and with every audit is the requirement for an audit report. So, between meetings, I will be writing the report for the next two days, at least.

Jools was up before five, getting ready to go swimming again. I slept on, only woken up when Cleo climbed back on after her breakfast. I got up just as Jools was leaving, so made coffee and checked oon the world. We're still screwed.

And then set up the office, and try to get down to work.

I have ten pages of notes to write up, and 20 findings to sort into serious, not so serious and improvements. Tis is the hardest part: you know there's something wrong, you just have to decide where the fault lay.

One hundred and thirty five Eyes down.

This does mean having to understand my own writing, of course, which should be easy. But Mum's quip that I should have been a doctor with my handwriting was well-earned.

The day flies by.

Which included taking turn to tell a couple of guys why their new process failed and failed to comply with, just about anything. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

The day moves from morning to afternoon, I have lunch, and gets back to the report.

The day moves into late afternoon. I stop work, think about going for a walk, but decide not to. The cats want dinner, so I feed them, pack the work stuff away and the living room looks like a home again.

After dinner there is more football to watch; Leicester v Liverpool that Liverpool one with one arm tied behind their backs, taking on three touches and passes below head height. Leicester chased shadows.

Ended 3-0.

Leicester were lucky to get nil.

No comments: