Friday 19 May 2023

Wednesday 17th May 2018

Another day in paradise, or as we call it, the renewable energy sector.

Boon, and indeed, tish.

And the big news, biggest news of the day was that after thirty six long and gruelling days driving the crappy Citroen were to come to an end, as our lovely Audi was being released from the shop in Lydden after being repaired and rebuilt.

Before then there was work.

And with the completion of the audit report, there is the catching up on all the other stuff I missed last week.

Funny how time flies by like when you're the driver on a footplate, there and back again, when you're actually busy. I mean I wouldn't rushed off my feet, but lots of meetings and things to deal with, and having to participate in meetings and instead of insulting someone think of how to insult them with them realising it.

I mean these are difficult things to deal with.

At three, Jools comes home and we go to collect the car. I drive us to the units next to Lydden Hill circuit, and outside looking all blue and metalic is our car. We go in and get the repair record where the total bill picked up by the insurance company was £8,800! Must have come close to being written off.

I drive the Audi back, Jools takes the Citroen to be cleaned, all on a fine warm and sunny spring afternoon, what could go wrong?

Well, the tyre pressure warning light would come on and warn of decompression of the front right tyre.

Eeek.

I drive home, check the tye and cannot either feel anything in the tyre or hear any air escaping. I start the car and the warning is still there, so with Jools needing it to get to work in the morning, I drive into tow to Watling Tyres to have it checked out.

One hundred and thirty seven Two greasemonkeys have the tyre off, and test for leaks of the tyre itself and valve.

Nothing.

Their experience is such that when they check the other tyres, they found that the front left was at 37, while the right at 31, that could have confused the computer. They make sure all are at 35, and say I'm good to go.

No charge.

I give them a tenner each for their 20 minutes of work, and they are reluctant to take it, but do.

I go home where I explain to Jools why I wasn't home when she got back, but happy that all seems well, so we have salad and more Iberian ham and bread for dinner.

Its been a full day, what better way to relax than to listen to Citeh thrashing Real while watching Coventry reaching the Championship playoff final, all while sitting with Scully, who purs as she snores beside me.

No comments: