Wednesday 31 May 2023

Tuesday 30th May 2023

And so, back to work.

All good things comes to an end, doubly so 9 days orchiding here in Kent and in the north of England.

But we need to earn a crust or two in order for us to be able to do stuff like that.

We were up early, and having coffee at half five, I wasn't really looking forward to my inbox if I remembered my work password.

In the end I did remember it, so was able to log on and catch all the news. Ad then tackle the inbox.

Not much to tell, mostly meeting replies and the such. Or invites to meetings I missed when I was away.

By ten I was all caught up, so rewarded myself with a fresh coffee and some fruit. Outside it was cloudy, breezy and cold. I buckled and put the heating in. Scully meowed her approval as the radiator near her bed warmed up.

One hundred and fifty There was no way I was going out for a walk unless the temperature doubled, the wind dropped and the sun came out. I can tell you now, that not one of those things happened..

Sadly.

So I did not go for a walk.

I packed up at three, and cleared stuff away, made a Vinaigrette with oil, cider vinegar and mild mustard. I cooked some pasta, once drained added chickpeas, salad and the dressing to make a bowl of stuff to be shared, while I boiled some potatoes to go the two lamb chops I had defrosted and seasoned with the rub I got ast year from Rhodes. It was all rather wonderful, doubly so with half a bottle of Chimay blue to wash it all down with.

And with no Marc to listen to, we listened to a podcast and went to bed early.

Roch and roll.

No comments: