Tuesday 23 April 2024

Friday 19th April 2024

If I am honest, which I am, I slept poorly Thursday night. Four days without the ice pack meant that my knee was painful.

I woke at two and then three, not able to find a sleeping position that did not hurt.

I did doze, I suppose, but felt shit in the morning. All of this meant that I soon had a migraine building, so after a coffee (probably not a good idea) I went back to lay down, while Jools went to yoga, had breakfast out and then went for a hair cut.

One hundred and ten I guess I laid in bed until about half eleven, just before Jools came back. Had a brew, then once she came back we had to go out for a meeting with our pension guy as our retirement gets ever nearer.

Jools drove us to Canterbury, going to long way to the University Campus to avoid city centre traffic.

Good news, all is going to plan, so we can start making firm travel plans for the latter half of 2025.

On the way back we called in at Samphire Hoe to look for an unusual spike of ESO, I had a grid reference, which I turned into a what3words code, and we set off.

Ophrys sphegodes But with storm clouds threatening yet more hail showers, we searched and searched, but found nothing.

Ophrys sphegodes So, we made a dash for the car and headed home.

Buttermilk chicken and salad fr dinner, but no quiz as Mark is on his holibobs, so we had a podcast on as we ate.

At least after several sessions with the ice pack and plenty of drugs, my knee did ache less, and I hoped for some sleep that night..

No comments: