Wednesday 24 April 2024

Sunday 21st April 2024

There was no avoiding the fact that my knee was bloody painful. And even if the weather wasn't cold and breezy, I could not go out orchiding.

Jools asked what the plan was, and I said best not to do anything.

And with the painter, Dixon, coming round again to finish the hall, I could stay in and Jools could do chores, go swimming or whatever.

So that was agreed.

I laid in bed until ten to eight, meaning over ten hours sleep. I didn't feel like a million dollars, but it was an improvement.

We had breakfast, then Dixon was dropped off, and he got painting. I washed up, and Jools set about demolishing the wooden bookshelf she has used since she moved out of the family home over 30 years ago.

One hundred and twelve I guess it was hard for her, and we tried to freecycle it, but being veneered chipboard, it wasn't wanted as it would never sell.

We were told.

In fact we thought it solid wood, but as it came apart the chipboard became apparent.

The lawnmeadow is beginning to wake up. The cowslips are beginning to go to seed, but the Bulbous buttercups and dandelions are opening.

Sanguisorba minor I take some shots.

Jools took the deconstructed wardrobe to the tip, did some shopping, coming back so we could have hot cross buns for lunch along with a huge brew before the afternoon's footy began.

Ranunculus bulbosus Even by modern standards, there was a lot of football on the tellybox this weekend.

Centrepiece was the second FA Cup semi-final, again ruined by VAR chalking off a fine comeback by Coventry against Man Utd, from 3-0 down to 3-3, and VAR wiping out a lask kick winner for the Sky Blues in extra time as a players big toe was apparently beyond the last defender.

Utd won the shootout, and so I could go and make chorizo hash for dinner.

And without doing much, the weekend had gone.

No comments: