Monday 1 April 2024

Saturday 30th March 2024

Saturday.

Which I thought was Sunday, which is how I missed the second railtour of the week.

I went to Preston early on having gathered Garlic Mustard, so the boys can make some new sausages.

The roads are at least quiet that time of day. Although the roads to Perry Corner were still part flooded from the recent rain.

Their website said they opened at seven. I was there at ten past, and the lights were off and door locked. But in a few minutes they turned up and the door unlocked.

Ninety I get some steak and pork pies too, just as I was there.

Jools and JP hd the last of the shelving to put together and attach to the wall, he arrived just before nine, after we had eaten breakfast, and so they carried on while I messed around in the kitchen.

They finished just after midday, though there are some parts missing and two shelves extra, other than that, they did a great job. Jools and I could have done it, but it would have taken us all weekend and then some to get it done. JP has the tools and knowledge.

Nearly done So, all of a sudden there was nothing to do, so Jools and I had lunch, then I settled down to listen to the football, and Jools filled the shelves as I snoozed.

And that was the rest of the day, really. Football on the radio or telly box, pork pie and extra spicy Wotsits and beer for supper, and yet more football as Man Utd played Brentford, which ended as a 1-1 draw just before ten.

In the morning it would be summer time, the clocks going forward, so darker, later.

Maybe a lie in.

No comments: