Tuesday 2 May 2023

Monday 1st May 2023

May Day Bank Holiday.

So, another day off work.

Which was nice.

I had company in bed most of the night, Cleo slept between my knees, and was like a deadweight. She's happy in her own way, as are all the cats, really.

One hundred and twenty one I could have been obsessed about orchids and other stuff, but the forecast was for cloud and rain later, so I thought it better than to just chill with Jools and the cats.

Build me up Which is what we did.

There was lots of sun in the morning, the back door was open, so the cats came and went as they pleased. What I can say is that there has been little growling and no hissing since they came back, maybe the break did us all good?

Pyrochroa serraticornis We went for a walk late morning. It has been two weeks since we did it to be fair, and I wanted to see what new plants were in flower.

Galium aparine Despite the rain, ground is drying out quickly, but going was good over the field to Fleet House, though Jools had pulled a calf muscle away, and so cut short her walk. I pressed on, down past Fleet House, dwn past the farm and up the long climb the other side to Windy Ridge.

Geranium robertianium Despite seeing 60 species in SPain, I was keen to see more back home, but sadly I saw none.

Several flowers in bloom: Red and white Deadnettle, Common Field SPeedwell, and a new species: Germander Speedwell, Herb Robert and lots of Cleavers with their tiny flowers showing wel against the green leaves.

Veronica chamaedrys I rested at the new bench, put on a pod cast to listen to, then headed back home along Green Lane, which wasn;t that muddy, but was hard going, then down the slope to Collingwood and back home.

Jools was in the garden, weeding, so I made a brew and we had lunch.

There was football in the afternoon, so I settled down to watch the back to back games which would pretty much take up the rest of the day. Last game was Leicester v Everton, with the loser almost certain to go down. Just as well it ended in a 2-2 draw, though at times did feel like we were rubbernecking at a family funeral, as both teams tried to save themselves from the drop, and their fans lived and breathed every kick and twist.

No comments: