Thursday 4 May 2023

Wednesday 3rd May 2023

Another day at work.

Only the second since returning from our holibobs, but it seems like a lifetime.

I am getting quite good now at sleeping through the alarm, and usually, its Cleo coming back to bed after having her breakfast that wakes me up. Or if not, then its Jools coming up the stairs for a shower and to get dressed.

Better get up then.

It might be May. It might dawn bright and clear. But it is cool. Cold even. I am tempted to put the heating on just to take the edge off the temperature in the living room, where I am to work at the colaface.

Or something.

At the weekend I will tell the tale of Jools's camera, please remind me, but for now, just so you know there is quite the tale to tell about her new camera, and that tale is not yet complete, but should be Sunday night.

So, we shall see.

Being the start of the month, there is a host of meetings, taking up most of the morning, but really consinsts of people arguing about what a word in a document mean. I soon lose interest.

Because we were away over a week, the feeders got empty, and since coming back, many of our feathered friends have yet to return to feed, so not so much urgency in topping up the feeders, but a few sparrows hang round,a nd in the evening, the fox returns just to see what's avaiable.

I really could not be bothered in going for a walk. It was cool and breezy, so instead I do some gardening.

Yes, you read that right. Gardening.

I pruned the raspberry canes we are keeping, thus revealing the laden redcurrent plants, which seem to indicate a bumper year for the tiny juicy fruit. In the lawnmeadow, the next plants are beginning to flower, with Salad Burnet looking good, in their own way, and among the grass, there is the rosettes of lots of Yellow Rattle sprouting.

One hundred and twenty three I also repotted the basil I bought at the weekend, putting each plant in a pot of its own, so they should last all summer.

We shall see.



I learnt this from a video on youtube, so copied that, and now we have a windowsill full of basil plants. After dinner, I watch yet more football: Citeh v West Ham, which after a close first half, Citeh romp to a 3-0 win, with the boy Haarland scoring is 51st goal of the season.

No comments: