Tuesday 23 May 2023

Monday 22nd May 2023

With nine straight days orchiding planned, something had to go wrong. And that was:

the weather.

Monday dawned cloudy, cool and breezy, and never really changed.

I could tell it was set for the day, so I told Jools to take the car and I would do "chores" at home.

That was agreed, so Jools went at quarter to six, leaving me with a stack of podcasts to listen to, videos on that YoTube to watch, blogs to write, photos to edit, chilli to make, and garden to mess with.

There just wouldn't be enough hours in the day.

And I was right.

I make the tomato sauce after breakfast, then brown the mince, add the stock and spiced, then simmer for several hours through the day. I had a bowl for lunch, just to check on taste for QC purposes, and was fine. Just a slight burn.

Between, I write, edit and listen to stuff. The morning flies by.

The cats sleep, and outside it feels like March with thick cloud, and a cold north wind.

It was supposed to get better on Tuesday.

It had better!

After lunch I watch a couple of videos before going out to do the garden: a species of wild garlic, hoary I think, had sprouted all along the street, I plucked the flowers to make sure it doesn't seed. The tackle the thick grass under the feeders.

One hundred and forty two The fox was waiting, so I put some peanuts and fat balls out. It takes a fat ball right away and trots out of the garden, back to the den I guess. I then get the shears out and get snipping.

The afternoon had passed. I had done all chores, blogs all written, and just need to prepare dinner.

We had chorizo hash and the last of the fizz.

A dinner of champions. Then follow that up with a slice of tart each. And coffee.

Yummy.

There was football in the evening; Toon v Leicester. Leicester really needed to win, and were poor. Ten men behind the ball, but it worked, and they nearly snatched it in the final few minutes.

League season finished Sunday, but the season will go on.......

No comments: