Tuesday 28 April 2015

Tuesday 28th April 2015

Monday.

Another day comes, and another day when I'm not travelling to an airport to jet off for some QA or QC related malarkey. Oh what fun those 18 months have been. But for a week, maybe just for this week, I have a week at home. Yes, at home with the cats. And because of the building work going on at Ramsgate means that unless i know I can get a desk there, I have to work home, with the coffee machine, the cats and the record collection. Able to go and sit in the garden for tea breaks, coffee breaks, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, high tea, brunch and any other meals I cannot think of.

Jools leaves for work, I watch a bit of football from Sunday, and at half seven switch the work computer on, check my mails, act on what they contain, update project documents. And like this the day continues.

Until the IT problems came.

And went on.

And on.

And on.

Until finally as the initial IT problem was fixed, Outlook crashed and no mails could be sent or received. I could monitor my inbox via my phone, but that was it for the day.

It was a glorious if cool day, and we had planned on heading for an orchid wood in the evening once Jools got home. However, half an hour before she arrived home, clouds began to roll in and the light was lost. Orchids are just not the same in under clouds than in sunshine. So, with a fair forecast for Tuesday, we postponed the trip to Tuesday.

So, after a snack for dinner. OK, let me write was I was going to, we had a snack for tea. What is it with growing up and all that, as a child dinner was at midday and tea was the main meal of the day. IN THE EVENING! So we had scotch eggs and some pasta salad for tea, then Jools went to visit Nan.

I pretended to tidy u and do stuff, until she came back and we had a brew with a short cake as tea part two. Outside the clouds meant it was getting dark early, so I started to follow the Bouremouth game on the BBC. It was always going to be a long shot, hoping the best team in the division lose both their remaining games. And needed just win to almost certainly ensure promotion in the 2nd and final automatic spot, the scored twice just before half time which settled their nerves.

Game over.

Even more interesting, or worrying, is City will probably play our arch-rivals, Ipswich, in the play offs. It will get nasty. And nervy.

No comments: