Wednesday 8 April 2015

Wednesday 8th April 2015

Tuesday

And so the long, long weekend. And on cue we are greeted with a glorious sunrise to greet the working week.

Golden dawn Jools gets ready for work, and I have another coffee, think about getting down to work from the dining room table. Over the weekend, the project has entered another phase with the first turbines being loaded onto the installation vessel, and in due course, installed. All while I was asleep or drinking beer.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

I have had some guilt about others working so hard whilst I, lets face it, have not. And then I began thinking of all the travelling, arranging, inspecting and auditing I have been doing since last February. So I guess I have done my share, and now its the turn of others? I think so.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

All I can do is tasks off my list, each one ticked off until at lunchtime, I have them all done. I have lunch. Boiled eggs and un-buttered soldiers. Oh, and some cheese and crackers, but no wine, this is a working day after all.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

As I have mentioned, I have a bad back, which for the most part, I ignore and can get by with.

But sometimes, sometimes, it can be really painful. Like yesterday; it did not matter if I sat, stood or walked, it just hurt.

After some six hours at the dining room desk, working, I decided enough was enough, and I would try to walk it off.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

So, across the fields to the pig's copse (still no pigs) and to the view at Fleet House, where, as you might notice, I always take a snap.

Down the dip and up the other side, along the cycle path, but instead of heading towards the cliffs, I decide instead to walk to Barrow Mount instead.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

I suppose the best was to describe the Mount is that is is the highest point between the valley that runs down to Kingsdown on one side, and the cliffs on the other. It was closed last year, but all newly shorn of bushes and shrubs now, it offers fine views in all directions.

Tuesday afternoon spring walk

Sadly, it was at this point my back said, enough is enough, But still, although I ached, there at least a good reason for it, and the better news is this morning is that I seem to be pain free. So win/win.

Back home I rest a little, then tidy up in preparation for Jools' return. We are to have dirty food for dinner. Burgers and nothing but burgers. Well, and beer. Jools has stopped off at Tesco to pick up her new tablet, so she can more easily read her beading patterns when upstairs avoiding the football on the radio, and my rambling.

And so to evening. More footy on the radio, more editing, more badgers in the garden. And an early night. Situation normal.

No comments: