Friday 25 September 2015

Friday 25th September 2015

Thursday

And yet I am still tired.

So very tired.

And the biggest news of the day is that a certain Manchester miserbalist has released his first novel. And apparently, it stinks. Who'd have think it? Well, one Stephen Patrick Morrissey has written a novel about a ficticious American track team in New England where they apparently run in a relay team that has never been run, let alone be a team for. And they speak how you would expect Morrissey to speak. And the cherry on top is the well reported sex scene which includes the description of a male member calling it a "bulbous salutation ". No wonder Twitter was eating itself yesterday.

Now, I like a good Smith's tune as much as the next bloke, but I have never been a fan of SPM, in fact I gave up reading his interviews before the band split, and I bought none of his solo albums and just the first single. And his constant whining is now what I think of when his name is mentioned. But most of all I think of the far better writers who struggle all their life to get published, and he not just gets books published, but chooses the Penguin Classic imprint for it to be published on: pretentious? Obviously.

But don't believe me, read this from yesterday's Guardian That aside, it was a very quiet and busy day with me, as I spent it reading a contract. Oh my word, if you need to go to sleep then it is something to read, but then I have to know this backwards, sideways and with my eyes closed. Then a meeting with my boss, about this, so it was just like revising for a German test: only much more serious. That done, I have a few loose ends to tie up, and somehow that made it already half four, and already the sun was setting and it seemed too late to go for a walk.

Pretty in Pink At least I did not have to do much for dinner as we had more than enough pasta salad and cold breaded aubergine to to feed not only both of us, but as it turned out be enough for my lunch the next day too. And where has the day gone again? Its already gone seven, dark outside and we both seem so tired. I look at the TV listings, and see there is rugby on: New Zealand v Namibia. Now I have heard of the second team, but New Zealand? who knew, eh? Anyway, a much closer game than expected, but the All Blacks running out winners, although conceding a try and three penalties.

The game done, it is time for bed, but the cats have beaten us to it, and we have to fight for space in the bed. As usual.

No comments: