Tuesday 29 September 2015

Tuesday 29th September 2015

Monday.

We had plan to get up at three in the morning, to see the lunar eclipse. However, as soon as I went to bed, I began to have trouble breathing, it was what happened in the theatre some hours before. I laid there tossing and turning for two hours or more, before I just gave up. The cats omn the bed must have been glad when I got up, as I was keeping them from sleeping.

I went outside at half twelve to look at the full moon, it was wonderful and bright, what would the eclipse look like, I thought. At quarter past two, the eclipse began, I went outside to look, it was if someone had rubbed out a corner of the moon. As time went on more and more of the moon vanished: it was like watching two week's worth of moon phases in an hour.

2015 Lunar Eclipse As time got to nearer three, the moon had almost completely vanished, hidden behind the silver sliver was a red ball.

Jools got up at three, and we both went out into the garden to watch totality; it would last over half an hour, so I had plenty of time for shots, as I had my tripod out there.

So, I get my shots, none are that good, and I am disappointed. And tired.

2015 Lunar Eclipse We go back to bed, and I manage to get three hours sleep, but I am back awake before half six, meaning less than three hours sleep. I have a wooly head, and am seeing flashes in my vision, I fear it is another migraine coming. I have meetings and mails to attend to, but it was clear with how I felt that I could not spend the whole day in front of the computer. I put an out of office massage out just before twelve and take to my bed. Sleep would not come, I toss and turn, but after taking the stronger anti-allergy pill, breathing was OK.

The weather was good enough to sit outside, so I do for a while until the sun began to sink in the west and behind the house next door. It was getting chilly, and I felt like death.

I cook burgers for dinner, which was all I could think of as I had forgotten to get anything else out anyway, but then there is always the chippy I suppose.

I called it a night at eight, went to bed to listen to the first half of the football before switching it off and trying to sleep. I hoped tomorrow would be better!

No comments: