Tuesday 1 September 2015

Tuesday 1st September 2015

Monday.

Reading through my posts on previous year's late summer bank holidays indicate that the weather mostly poor. Well, not as poor as 2015's that is for sure! A day off, with endless possibilities, and yet we spent it mostly sitting inside, listening to music whilst watching the rain hammering down outside. Maybe in hindsight, we should have done something, but that would have been just for the sake of it, sometimes you just have to enjoy inactivity.

The day began with a late rise, well after seven, although it was so dark outside it could have been an hour and a half earlier. I check the storm radar to see a massive storm heading up the Channel, and in a few minutes we hear the first rumble of thunder. But like the previous evening, as the storm neared East Kent, it petered out, leaving just the rain to push through. And rain it did do, but the inch: or so it seemed.

I made a batch of dough for rolls for lunch and dinner, made breakfast and more coffee. And that was the main jobs for the day sorted. I also managed to squeeze in backing-up my shots for the month, meaning I now have 1.1TB of photos on my external hard drive. Maybe too much. I should think some of them out, I mean I keep every shot, and every edit I have done. That might be overkill.

Once the dough had risen, I made it into rolls, and topped them with grated cheese, then left them rise again. Once cooked they had a glorious crispy top, which went wonderfully well with the ham we had for lunch. I mean these were far better than the ones we got from Tesco at the weekend, and they were pretty good. Jools said this is f*7%ing great roll; praise indeed.

In the afternoon, I went to visit Nan, who was in fairly good spirits, although she is fed up being in the home, can't hear, so I sat and listened to her ramble for an hour. She seemed happy with that.

Back home for chicken kiev, salad and another cheesey roll. All very nice, but no room for the mountain of raspberries we have picked from our canes. I will try to tackle them on Tuesday before i leave for Denmark in the afternoon.

The rain continued into the evening, with the cats becoming increasingly cabin-fevered. We can't make the rain stop, boys and girls!

It was quite a month with one thing and another: school reunion and my 5th birthday being the two biggies. But they were occasions for looking back, I will try to look forward from now on, however, on the 17th marks two anniversaries: 25 since I joined the RAF and 10 since I left. Inbetween there were some wonderful and interesting times, but never dull. There is a RAF reunion coming up at the end of November, I am sure I might talk about those times more then.

So, until the weekend, catch you later, Bill and Ted!

No comments: