Wednesday 30 September 2015

Wednesday 30th September 2015 (part 2)

Thursday.

Due to work, and some Kentish churching, then work again on Monday, time is going to be very tight the next week for blogs, so not to get too far behind, I am providing this, a bonus blog post for today, and one to round the month of September off with.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom Another glorious morning, a clear blue sky, and as I wake up at quarter to seven, the sun is just about to rise, once again picking out the few clouds and con trails in the sky.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom Jools leaves me alone with the cats, I make a second cup of coffee, have breakfast and begin the working day. I have a lot of preparation work to do for a meeting you will be hearing about at the weekend, but I will leave it there for now. The morning passes with me making several Powerpoint presentations. Outside, the sun rises and it becomes very warm again, almost like a summer day.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom I have the last of the rolls I made yesterday for lunch, I sit outside as I eat it, with cats around wondering what nice things I could be eating and would there be any left over for them. No.

Although I am mostly over the cold/allergy thing, I still need plenty of fresh air, so I decide to go for a walk in the afternoon.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom These are the salad days.

Some might call this an Indian Summer, but they would be wrong. There has been no frost as yet, so this is just a very late summer.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom For what seems like the past week, we have had nothing but unbroken sunshine, weather which allowed us to see the lunar eclipse two days ago, and means that I am greeted with stunning sunrises and sunsets each day.

For lunch, and even for breakfast some mornings, I can sit and eat on the patio, as what wildlife is about, insects and birds, busy themselves for the thing times ahead.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom I am feeling much better after the triple whammy of a cold, allergy attack and migraines of the weekend. But, I have a chesty cough, and to make the poor breathing easier, I need fresh air. So, after the busy part of the day passed, I took myself out for a walk.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom It did look like summer, but the hedgerows are full of berries, and the fields have mostly been harvested, ploughed and re-seeded. The year presses on, and the farmer's work is never done.

I walk across the now empty fields, the dried beans have been collected, and now the fields await their next crop. After much heavy rain, but none for over a week, the ground is quickly drying out, but where farm machinery has struggled up steep tracks, chalk has been turned into white mud. Walking is tricky, but with careful footwork, it is passable.

Wednesday afternoon walk to Otty Bottom With the fields now mostly empty, I stop at the top of Otty Bottom Road, I mull over whether to walk to the cliffs, but I am happy with what I have done, so turn for home, with a few tasks yet to do, and maybe a treat of a bottle of porter once I get inside.

The day fades, and I begin to prepare dinner; roasted vegetables and chicken kievs. All very nice stuff and lots and lots of garlic. So, no vampires will be calling here tonight. I pack my bag for tomorrow, and once Jools arrives home, I dish up dinner, and with a couple of generous glasses of red form the box of wine that fell onto the trolley at the weekend. All was set now for a quiet evening of laughing at English clubs in Europe before an early night.

No comments: