Thursday 17 September 2015

Thursday 17th September 2015

Wednesday

Did I really travel all the way to IJmuiden and back yesterday? My mind and body says yes, as I slept like a log, and woke up at six, barely rested. Thing is, it was for the most of the time, sitting, waiting or listening to people talk. None of it on its own, taxing. But all in all, and the 17 ours away was more than enough, Just glad there were no major delays, really.

Once I was up, drinking coffee, I see from the BBC that 24 hours of rain is forecast, and indeed it is hammering down outside. This will only mean more cat-related misery for me as none of them will want to go out and meow at me every 5 minutes for food/attention/meow?

I put the radio on, have another coffee and set the work computer on and start dealing with the issues of the day. And from the day previously, of course. The cats eat, eat some more, then sleep off the meat and kibbles through the morning, and as long as I leap up and re-fill their bowls, I am left alone to work.

The other thing was the return of the allergies, not as bad as Monday, but still I needed to take pills and regular breaks standing at the back day, hoping that the wind did not change direction, so I could at least stay dry. And sneeze-free. Which was nice.

The day passed, and before preparing dinner, I slump on the sofa with Molls and do some channel-hopping. There are something 50 chennels on Freeview, and almost nothing worth watching. I mean who does watch this stuff? The elderly, injured judging by the adbreaks. Injured at work? Worried about funeral expenses? And then there was the Zippo lighter collection! Yes, just what I need.

Pasta salad was made at lunchtime, so I just had to egg and breadcrumb the sliced aubergine, and begin cooking once I saw Jools parking the car on the drive. She is having a tough week as her boss is away, so she is doing both the jobs. And it is full on. But it is better with dinner, some cider, or beer, and comedy on the radio.

As I have put things off to the last minute again, I spend an hour planning the Open House visit for Saturday, if we are going up. Should be interesting, but we are staying away from the the popular buildings; we have seen the queue at the Gherkin. So, the plan will remain a surprise, but then it is also possible we might not go either, like last year. But we shall see. It has been some time since we were in London, so, we are keen to go.

No comments: