Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday 13th September 2015

Friday

And so the weekend is nearly here, with just a morning of endless meetings to either attend or prepare for. But I am home, and tomorrow is Saturday. So, lets get it on!

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to fritter the day away, but with plenty to be getting on with, I put on one of this week's episode's of the Radcliffe and Maconie shows, make a coffee, have breakfast: a huge smoothie made of fresh raspberries, blueberries, banana and grapes. One thing the week away did lack was fruit and veg, so a chance to catch up and be healthy.

Bright September morning Outside it was another glorious morning, but the sun very low in the sky as it rose, and the light pouring through the leaves of the raspberries, and causing a mist to rise. I snap the scene, because its there.

At half seven, I decide there is no hiding from work, so I settle down with yet more coffee and begin work.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs At half one, the meetings done, mails written, and with the usual software failure, there is nothing more that can be done. And with the allergy attack that had been threatening all day, it seems the best plan was to spend some time outside, maybe get some exercise, so I could hear the cliffs calling.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs On with my walking boots, and grabbing the cameras, I set off along the street and over the fields. The light seemed strange, not quite misty, but not clear either, kinda dirty. It diffused the sunlight, so I take shots. The hedgerows are laden with fruit, yet more elderberries are ripe and the blackberries are fattening up. All looked glorious. But this was a walk for exercise, not gathering.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs Past the pig's copse, down the dip and up the other side; passed by cyclist and a horse and rider. I make way for the all, just so I could have a rest and take a shot or two of course.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs The other side of the cycle path, the fields are bare, and some have just had a covering of manure, meaning it smelt well fruity up there, but there were birds of all kinds feasting on the worms and insects that were uncovered.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs Up the final slope to the monument, the car park was full, but people out walking, but anyway, mattered nowt to me. I stop to snap the orchids, which are really struggling after the repeated mowings, and grazing by the floppy-eared bunny bastards. I take a few shots, before walking to the edge of the cliffs to look down onto the beach far below.

Autumn Lay's Tresses Spiranthes spiralis Happy with that, it was time to turn round for the stumble home, but I could breathe in deep the fresh air, the walk had cleared the allergy. It felt great. And it was the weekend. I check my work phone, which I had brought along: no mails, no messages or missed calls. Let the weekend begin!.

I retrace my steps back, which is mostly downhill, except the parts that aren't. If that makes sense. Or not.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs Heck, its even warm again, I think I might like to sit on the patio with an ice cold beer. So that's what I do, a pint of London Pride goes down very well, whilst being in close attendance by them cats who are convinced it is time for dinner. Nearly.

I cooked breaded pork again for dinner. Thing is, chicken and pork steaks look quite similar in the freezer, there is always the possibility that there is no chicken left of course.

Jools comes home at half five, and so the weekend can begin. We eat, exchange news of the day.

No comments: