Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tuesday 15th September 2015

Monday

For the most part, 2015 has been very good for me as far as allergies are concerned. But as we go into autumn, something triggers attacks, and whilst these are no where as severe as in previous years, they do happen and still have the power to surprise me.

I went to bed on Sunday, congested, so it came as no surprise that soon after waking up that the sneezing began, and I think I can say this was the worst attack so far this year. I took some off the shelf drugs, and had the door open, despite being cold. The sneezing subsided, but did come back a few times through the day, and by mid-afternoon, no matter what the weather was like, I was going to have to spend time in the garden, or outside at least, getting some fresh air.

This did mean regular breaks from work, to stand at the back door, and so I could watch as storm clouds swept in from the west, so the day alternated between bright sunshine and showers turning the day almost into night.

By half two, with another attack building, I had no choice but to sit outside on the patio, wrapped up warm, in a bid to ward off the attack. It did work, beause in about an hour or so, I became aware that my breathing eased and I could go back inside. The drugs had made me snoozy, so I lay on the sofa whilst daytime TV burbled in the background.

At five, I knew I had to 'buck my ideas up' as Dad would say, so I fed the cats and begun to prepare dinner, chorizo hash, so that when Jools came home we could eat.

The day faded and was dark by half seven. I packed my bag for the trip to Europe on Tuesday, listened to the football on the radio, and somehow another day had gone.

Sheesh.

No comments: