Saturday 30 April 2016

Saturday 30th April.

We have made it to the end of another month, and are still fighting. That's something to be happy about. But before I tell you about the weekend, we have to go back a whole 24 hours to what happened on Friday.

Friday

The realisation that our holiday is almost upon us, is the fact that I had just two working days to do before the holiday begins, and there is a lot to squeeze in, what with me making rash promises about what I can deliver in a week. Coupled with the fact I have to do my other main job as well. I shouldn't complain, I know others have worse workloads that that, but it seems that I will have more to do on this next week and when I come back from Holiday. I kid myself that it is good to be wanted, no?

There is then the weekly battle with the VPN client and the uploading of working hours: Should be easy, but is everything but. I give up and add it to the neverending list of jobs for Tuesday, which should be my last working day.

Outside the wind had got up, I did go out with the camera in the hope of snapping something, but there was little wildlife about, certainly no insects on the wing, so I go back inside and get back to work. The day passes, the radio burbles in the background, and the document I am working on swells and sells in size.

At four I am pooped, I can concentrate no more, I am seeing things from staring at the computer screen for eight hours straight. As I pack stuff away, Jools arrives home with her holiday barnet done, which means I have to get mine done over the weekend. We have a Magnum each; pink raspberry flavour, and I get down to doing dinner; sausages and chips and beans. Which is very dirty food, and therefore wonderful.

Jools goes to see the old folks in Whitfield, dropping off her tender plants to go in Dad's greenhouse, whilst I write a blog and mess around. On TV I find the Star Trek reboot just starting, so I find the +1 channel, and is just beginning when Jools comes home, so we sit on the sofa to watch that, and so the evening vanishes.

A quiet day, filled with work, but now there is a three day weekend to look forward to.

No comments: