Monday 4 April 2016

Tuesday 5th April 2016

Monday

A Billy bonus blog as I am on my travels tomorrow, so, in order for me to remember what I did on Monday I will write it today rather than on Thursday or Friday.

Monday, start of the working week, and instead of laying on bed until the last possible minute, we are up at half five, running around getting dressed, feeding the cats and making coffee. Sweet, sweet coffee. No, make that two coffees. And I feel better.

Jools goes to work earlier than normal, which gives me time to watch the highlights of Sunday's football before work comes calling. I mean I have a meeting at first thing, half past eight. Only that got postponed, so once I deal with the mails, plan travel for the week after next, update paperwork and drink more coffee.

Outside the rain returns, its cold enough to put the heating back on, which means the cats find the various places in the house where the hot water pipes are near to the floor. There are cats lazing around in various places around the house, looking all kind of comfortable.

In the afternoon the clouds part and the sun comes out. Not the warm sun from yesterday, but a luke-warm version that looks warm, but is not. But it looks pretty enough out there. I think about doing a little light gardening, deadheading some daffs, the usual light stuff that keeps the garden looking nice. I thought I'd save that for later in the day when the excitement gets too much.

I do a session on the cross-trainer, to the soundtrack of AC/DC, Gram Parsons, Blancmange, Donna Summer and Echo and the BUnnymen. The usual mix then.....

I have just packed after dinner. I am trying to travel light, but half my carry on luggage is a DSLR camera; that's normal, right? In fact I have no check in luggage, traveling really light; no toothpaste, deodorant (which will mean no allergy attacks).

I should be home some time on Thursday. Maybe. See you on the other side.....

No comments: