Saturday 11 June 2016

Friday June 10th 2016

Friday morning, and one which I was going to do some work, but my bloody shoulder which kept me awake the parts of the night the mild allergy attack didn't. I won't labour the point, much. But, I felt like I had been in a hit and run accident, ached all over and worse of all, my head like it was full of wool down to the lack of sleep.

Just as I was about to go to sleep at something like half four, Scully joins me on the bed, she is so happy to have someone to run up against, she rolls and purrs and rolls and purrs for an hour, at which point I may as weoo get up and feed the cats. At this she purrs all the more, of course.

Later in the morning, we go into town to begin to round of meetings with bank managers, branch managers and account managers as we officially inform them about Nan's passing, and being the final task of gathering what is left of her savings to satisfy her last will and testament.

We find a place to park and pay for four hours parking up front, then walk to the main street and go in the first of the banks. And as I said she had a little money in each of them. I am there just for moral support really, but the whole process is oddly fascinating, as each document is request, inspected and copied, more documents are filled out until all is in order, and so we can shake hands, walk out and move onto the next one.

We make it home early in the afternoon, and after lunch I take to my bed for a snooze whilst the radio quietly plays in the background. I am joined by Scully again, who is happy with this turn of events.

At half three I am at the Osteopath's, for a rough pummeling. He asks some questions, where does it hurt? Gets me to move my arm, then tells me I injured it lifting up a suitcase that I know weighed no more than 7kg, but he says its the most common of injuries. I have torn three out of four shoulder muscles, and he will sort them out. Which he does by getting out some kind of vibration machine, and tries to push me through the couch. But after 40 minutes, and instructions on what to do to get better, I leave. I feel more like I've been in an accident than before.

IN the evening, Jools goes to the Chinese for a takeaway; something sweet and sour, a meal for two. Which was more than enough for these two.

I try to stay awake to watch the opening game of the Euros; France beat Romania 2-1, and as soon as the final whistle went, I was off upstairs to me bed.

No comments: