Friday 24 June 2016

Tuesday 21st June 2016

The sky is falling, or that seems to be the thing most mornings. Wake up, turn the laptop and there is an avalanche of mails waiting, each demanding attention and action. I sigh and decise they can all waitin until after breakfast.

So I shower, get dressed and go down to breakfast, where there is bacon! For a change.

Once fed and watered, I go to the Audi in the car park, get it going, rev the engine a few times, then set out on the 5 minute drive to the port and the office. Instead of entering the code at the gate to get in, we are all waved through, with my day glo jacket, it looks like I work there at least.

And so the day begins, find an office, then find my minions have taken up residence are are talking loudly. What should I do to my minions, they say there are going to look at some tower sections. Soon I hope.

There are meetings, calls and mails to answer, then tackle the problem that is documentation. But, with a plan in mind, in a few hours it feels like I'm in control at least. Tat calls for lunch, so I go to Aunt Betty's for a slap up meal of bagels, all in the shape of a bage;. With garlic sauce, chillis and more garlic and chilli stuff, our office wasn't the place to be that afternoon I can tell you.

That evening, I met with a former colleague, Steffan, for brinks, nachos and football. And some chatting. Me meet at Dronning Louise at five, sit in the square drinking Hoegaarden for an hour before going in to watch the football, although after the third half litre my eyes did have trouble focusing. And once that was done, I wander back to the hotel to watch the late game, but fell asleep on my bed, waking up as Croatia score in the last minute to pip Spain.

No comments: