Saturday 18 June 2016

Wednesday 15th June 2016

The day before and the day after, I remembered it was a certain ex's birthday, but on the day, it passed my by. Oh well, So it goes, so it goes.

I am awake at six, but lay in bed listening to the gulls outside and the sound of the early morning traffic. It promised to be a testing day ahead, so, no point in hiding under the duvet, let's get out there and rip it's bollocks off.

Or something like that.

I have a shower, get dressed and go down to breakfast to find two colleagues, or one current colleague and one who was a former and is a future one, as he is to be one of my minions once work switches to Ostende, odd me having minions, like I'm a manger or something.

Checks business card and realise I am a manager in fact. Who knew?

I am still full up from the bbq the night before, and as part of the team building later in the day, there is to be another, er, bbq. So, more meat.

I short drive to the office, park up and start work and find the word is coming down around my ears. I battle on, and one by one I defeat the monsters of evil, and so by the time eleven rolls round, and the start of the team building, all is good.

I say team building, its just a bbq really, and one without beer as there is still work to be done later in the day, so we have slow cooked pork and some suspicious sausages and a small, but healthy bit of salad.

Back to work, and with more challenges coming up, I bat them away. At three the rest of the project team leave, and so do most of the technicians, so at four so do we, not before making plans with Manu to meet in the bar at six so we can sup more beer and watch the latest game.

Saying that, the footy isn't on the TV in the bar, we could have asked it to be put on, but what the heck, its a nice evening outside, so after a single beer we walk to the square and take a table outside of Dronnning Louise and order more summer beer and plates of nachos, so settle down to watch the world go by.

I remind Manu as I drink from a half litre glass of Hoegaarden that this is on fact work and people think we are having the time of our life. A waitress brings us our food and I order another beer. Very tough indeed.

We are done, and there is more football to watch back at the hotel, so we walk back down the high street, noticing closed shops for the first time ever, a recession here in Denmark? Maybe. There is a new shopping centre opening the other side of the station, that will cause more shops to close, no?

No comments: