Thursday 13 February 2020

Getting some in: part 9

Dateline: 5th February 1991, AWM 218, RAF Cosford.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I hope you are both well. I enclose my car key and relevant documents.

Believe it or not, I was really miserable on the journey back, I really did not want to leave.

I move into my single room tomorrow night, and then we go straight onto gate guard.

We just completed our latest end of phase exam, and I got 82%, which isn't too bad at all.

I had a few drinks with Mark last night, its just something that we both needed.

Thanks very much for the lovely weekend, only downside is that its not long enough back home.

It loos like I will be going to Swindon again this weekend, but Mark wants to go to Gloucester Saturday evening, not surprisingly, I'm not keen. BUt he'll probably bend my arm and I'll go.

Thell Granddad that I am sorry I dd not get round to seeing him over the weekend, just not enough time.

My new room will be great, lots of shelves and power sockets and even an armchair: a real home from home. At least I won't have to put up with the smokers any more.

That's all for now, Love, Ian

No comments: