Thursday 6 February 2020

Wednesday 5th February 2020

Back in the jugg agane. Swizz.

Yes, here we are back to working from home for what is the 4th week in a row, and getting quite used to it, as are the cats.

And being Wednesday, its a rest day from phys, so I can laze around in me pants watching the sun come up and having a lazy breakfast before starting work. But there is no sun to watch, just a cold and blue dawn that crept over the land, and was fully daylight before half seven.

Jools had a hospital appointment, and was also going to get her foot checked out, as it still hurt from when she slipped down the stairs. So, I was alone from quarter to seven, as usual, and so put some music on, and some pants.

Days working from home take the same shape: breakfast, work, brew, work, brew, work, lunch, brew, work, brew, work and end.

Thirty six So it goes, so it goes.

I am hoping each day that the daily post will bring the application form for Mum's probate, but nothing comes. Such is how slow the wheels turn. We are in no hurry, though some cash would be nice. I mean, cameras just don't buy themselves. Nor do holibobs.

But I digress.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Deal to buy a gift for a friend in Canada, as she had bought me some socks. We had little idea what to get, but Jools mentioned a shop opposite the pier. Which is where we went.

My friend likes cats, and to our delight we found a top and scarf that had cats on it. They both looked so good, we got them both. And Jools bought a shirt, a jumper and top from there too. We had so much fun buying the items, then packed them up and I took it to the post office the next Monday.. I say this because I got a message on Wednesday morning that the package arrived, and the scarf, top and two items of Jools' jewelry gave her great delight. Her happiness made us happy.

Dinner is bangers and mash. And bbq beans. And tea. Huge steaming mug of tea.

Which was nice.

Once cleared up we watch another episode of Good Omens, having now caught up with the i player. And the evening is rounded off with me following the football on the computer, with no port accompaniment.

No comments: