Friday 28 February 2020

Thursday 27th February 2020

Jools' last working day of the week. I still have Friday to do as well.

And it is to be another grey and cold day, meaning the digging up of the patio I have had planned all week was postponed. Again. And as was any walk round the neighbourhood on a wild flower hunt.

So, once Jools had left for work, I put the bins out and then went to the spare room for another round of phys on the cross trainer. And twelve minutes into the session I reach the end of the playlist I had been working through for the past five or six weeks. Nothing for it but to start of the beginning of the next playlist.

Fifty eight Press play and get pumping.

I felt good, good enough to do a second session in the afternoon? Maybe. Possibly.

Anyway, after cooling down, make breakfast and set up the office and get down to work, and I have a task I am best suited to; preparing a report on the requirements under a clause in an ISO standard. I rubbed my hands and got reading and typing.

Sparrahs Much time passes.

I stop for yet more cheese toasties for lunch, a huge brew.

And carry on with work. My main concern was what to do for the shot of the day, there is either my workstation. Again. Or some RAF stuff, or birds in the garden. I chose the latter, a pair of fighting chaffinches, arguing about who should be sitting on the perch at one of the feeders. In fact, the birds were much more interesting than work.

And indeed, come four in the afternoon I go back to the spare room for more lard pumping.

I can then go for a shower and a change into some clean clothes, all to be ready and sweet-smelling for when Jools came home.

Dinner was the old dependable; bangers and mash and beans. Which is a fine meal, especially when the bangers are this season's wild garlic ones, though not ones we picked the ramsons for.

And that's it for another day. More football to follow on Twitter, music on the radio, all accompanied by a glass or three of sloe gin.

Yummy.

No comments: