Friday 14 February 2020

Thursday 13th February 2020

And back home.

We woke to hear wind and rain battering the back of the house, this has been normal for this winter, and over the weekend a double low pressure system is due to sweep through; one Friday night into Saturday and then Storm Dennis on Saturday night into Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday. No worries about a dry winter this year, and a winter that has brought almost no frost, no snow at all. That could change, but the spring bulbs are showing well and our daffodils are in flower now.

But as Prince sung, Sometimes it Snows in April......

Once Jools had left for work I gird my loins and head up to the spare room for more cross trainer action, and 35 minutes this time. So, while I pumped lard, the rain stopped, clouds thinned and the wind died.

Scully I finish up and just in time to make breakfast before getting the home office up, log in and check mails and the such. The eat and drink.

And the day soon settles down to its usual format, almost like I was never away. The cats like me being home, and ask at regular intervals if it was dinnertime yet.

In the afternoon the sun comes out and so I go to the bathroom to take shots out of the window, with the backdrop of the dip and village.

Forty four I wish I could say something exciting had happened, but no, jsut a new bottle of aftershave delivered, as my current one had been going ten years. Does that count as exciting?

Or how about the 5 minutes I spent popping the bubblewrap the aftershave was packed in? I was relaxed when the last bubble popped.

I make a bowl of salsa, then season the chicken for fajitas, all ready for cooking when Jools came home. Being her last day of the week, she has to make sure she is all up to date with work before leaving, so calls at half five to let me know she was then coming home.

Let us out Once she is home, I cook the chich and peppers, warm the tortillas and pour the wine.

I'm ready.

And in ten minutes we demolish all eight of them, clear the plates of chicken and veggies.

Yum.

And that lead to an evening of radio listening, which is usual for a Thursday, and then to bed at nine to read the latest edition of WSC, and then to sleep.....

No comments: