Saturday 15 April 2023

Friday 14th April 2023

Yay, Friday.

Though I did sleep through the alarm, and only woke when Jools came back up to get dressed before leaving for yoga class.

I get up, get dressed and make coffee, and once Jools had left in the hire car, I put the bins and bags out to be collected, you know the usual stuff.

What I can tell you is that next week there will be some changes and different stuff to document in these posts.

I like being away, I like travel, but the thought of travel really fills me with dread: the people, the waits and so on. But once there it'll be fine.

I knows it.

Anyway, to work and the final loose ends before I finish Monday evening, although one person thought such things below her pays station.

Sigh.

So, escalate I must.

It was a fine morning, and I really wanted to go for a walk, but I had to keep walking. Wait until after two I thought.

By the time two came, it had clouded over, and as I walked across the fields, drizzle began to fall. I looked to the west and the sky seemed to be full of weather, so I turned round and headed for home, so was only half wet.

One hundred and four Rain fell steadily outside.

So, I settle down with Scully to watch more Tucci in Italy, eating.

Always eating.

We have carbonara and the remainder of the garlic bread for supper, which went down very well. And then there was football.

Always a disappointing football match, a wise friend once said.

Norwich were on Teesside needing a win to get into the playoffs, and Borough were one of the few teams above them. Their place in the playoffs is pretty much secured.

Norwich started well, and created several chance, then conceded in the 7th minute and fell to pieces. 4-1 down at half time, 5-1 soon after. I went to bed at half time, knowing that the dream of promotion is over for this season.

No comments: