Wednesday 5 April 2023

Tuesday 4th April 2023

Day 2 of the audit seminar.

Another four hours of my life I can't get back.

Saying that, after some initial misunderstandings, we get on fine, and in fact this second day rattles along at a fair old pace. And the four hours includes at least one break for coffee and a half hour for lunch.

So, not that bad.

It was another fabulous day here in East kent, though cool at first, warmed up but with a cold east wind, and at the end the nearly full moon rose into the early evening sky.

Inbetween I went round regular walks round the garden, checking up on the flowers and plants poised to burst into flower. And to keep an eye on butterflies. On top of that, I received an Emperor Moth pheremone lure, hoping I can attract at least one of the fine beasts to our garden.

I tried it for 20 minutes with no luck, so popped it in a bag and am keeping it in the fridge for a warm still day.

It is now feeling and looking more springlike, and the ground, tracks and paths are drying out quickly, though some patches of mud do remain. So, once work was done, I pooped my boots on and toom my camera out for another walk.

Reports have come in of a rare butterfly (no, really?) seens in at least three locations in Kent, so I would keep my beady eyes open here. The Large Tortoiseshell is quite rare here, but so far this year more reports of sightings than in most recent years.

I walked up Station Road to the top track, where as I turned towards Windy Ridge, I spotted a butterfly settling to feed on Alexanders again. It was a Tortoiseshell, but a regular Small, rather than a Large. Still, first of the year and I snapped it.

Ninety four The track was mussy in places, but passable, and although not much to see, in place the single Lesser celandine​ had turned into a carpet of small golden stars.

Once I reach the track leading back down to Collingwood, I turn down and make my way for home, my back complaining loudly now.

Though only I can hear it, of course.

Back home I have a brew, tidy up and prepare the mix for fritters.

Days when I work from home belnd into one, and can be the same over and over again, but the light is always different, and sometimes I see something worth sharig with on a walk. Nature has woken up and now has other things on its mind......

Fritters are always good.

We get the news that our favourite weekday radio show, Marc Riley, is to end after 18 years. We will miss him and his show, our main source for new music these days.

The day ended with Chelski v Liverpool, two clubs that must have spent the best part of two billion quid on players between them, and it was as dull at ditchwater. No goals, little excitement and even skill was thin on the ground.

No comments: